Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Sheep

Today I moved the sheep to the first pasture area.

It was an astoundingly hilarious, action packed event. Thank goodness there was no one there to video-tape it and place it on You-Tube. There are rules to lassoing mostly wild Barbados sheep that can jump six feet in the air without even having to propel themselves. They have magic jet packs they keep in their hooves--I swear!

Rule #1. Wear proper shoes. (I wore flip-flops. Those are not proper, btw. Do as I say, not as I do.)
Rule #2. Have experienced human or canine helpers to herd them for you. (I had Pepper and Star. They're goats. Um, yeah, they can totally herd sheep. I know you don't believe me, but they did.)
Rule #3. When all else fails, just grab them midair when they jump. (It works.)

Anyways, I moved my sheep today to a pastured area about ten times larger than where they were. They were so happy they didn't even eat this morning's hay ration. They had yummier stuff to keep them busy.

I have a lot more areas I need to fence off and gate in. Summer needs to stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment