Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pepper Popped and an Update

Salt
Mom: Pepper  Dad:Mojo

Paprika
My favorite milk goat, Pepper, had her babies unexpectedly, sneakily, and apparently very quietly on March 5, 2012 while my neighbor was busy working on the new little veggie sorting area*. She went and hid behind the Little Tikes cottage house and gave birth to two beautiful baby girls which we named Salt and Paprika. Salt had blue eyes (like her father: Mojo), but they've since changed to brown. Paprika has wattles--really cool skin tag like dangling thingies that are on either side of her neck. Both babies are very healthy and sneak up behind their mom to drink. Pepper is a funny goat. She doesn't much care for small children or other goats' kids, for that matter. Luckily, she seems to like her own kids just fine.

*I've been unable to post much on the blog because I've been far too busy with several other projects. My neighbor has graciously agreed to be hired on to build a small outbuilding we can use for produce cleaning, sorting, and packaging. He is also in the process of plumbing out lines and faucets to EVERY SINGLE PEN. I can't even imagine what it will be like not to have to drag a hose to fill the buckets for all my critters to have fresh water. It's going to save me so much time and frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment