Thursday, January 26, 2012

More Babies!

This morning, Mamma Sheep finally popped out her two babies. We were starting to feel bad for her since her udder was ginormous and swollen so much that I could fit my hand in the dip between her belly and the balloon-like udder. The sides of it were rubbing on her legs and had worn off fur, leaving her skin pink.

I'm sure she feels much better now with two little ones to get that swelling down.

This little guy was just born before I arrived. He still had birth goo
on his back and his placenta was nearby. I was lucky enough to hold
him for a bit before he figured out how to run and keep up with Mamma.

If you look closely you can see his sibling. Not sure if it's a boy
or a girl since it's very fast already! Also shown is Teenager Sheep's baby.
See the difference in size?

No comments:

Post a Comment